Traveling is fun, and traveling with friends is even more enjoyable. There are special considerations, however, to be taken into account when you’re part of a large group excursion. At Galveston Shuttle, we have a great deal of experience in providing transportation from Houston airport to Galveston cruise terminals for groups of all sizes, and we’ve written this post to provide some handy information for travelers.
Essentially, etiquette for group travel can be boiled down to a couple of simple things – common sense and common courtesy. We can all think of examples in which these two elements were in short supply in people we’ve encountered, but they are all it takes for everyone to have a delightful and rewarding time during their journey.
We’ve found that our large groups always travel smoothly when they get the information they need before they set out on their journey. For example, we allow passengers to travel with one carry-on bag and two suitcases that are no larger than 30-inches. By taking a look at our site, travelers will have that information and pack accordingly.
Our transportation from Houston airport to Galveston cruise runs on a regular schedule. We encourage all our passenger groups to arrive at their pickup point ahead of time, so they don’t miss their shuttle or delay other passengers.
Onboard the shuttle, we also recommend that all travelers respect the personal space of others and keep noise to an acceptable level.
You have been looking forward to your big trip for a while and the day has finally arrived. Your flight arrives in Houston late due to weather or mechanical issues, and you’re stressed because you want to get to the port to catch your cruise ship. With each check of the time, your stress level climbs and climbs. It’s understandable to react that way, but we encourage you not to panic. At Galveston Shuttle, we have a convenient schedule for our Houston cruise shuttle that you can depend on for prompt service.
If you miss a shuttle, your best plan is to wait for the next available shuttle, which will be along within a relatively short amount of time. We do not hold shuttles for late passengers because we have a schedule to keep and other guests waiting at multiple stops waiting for our shuttle. Having said that, please keep in mind that we make every reasonable effort to make sure that we get you to your destination as quickly as we can on our Houston cruise shuttle.
If you wish to set your own schedule, you can also take advantage of our private car service and book one of our luxury vehicles ahead of time. Our driver will be at the airport to meet you at the terminal.
We’ve all seen them and been impressed by them, they are dogs with jobs, and they’re very important to the people who rely on them. That reliance extends to those dogs traveling with their owner at all times, and that means on trains, planes, and automobiles.
If you’re traveling with your service dog from Galveston to Houston airport, there are things you need to know about taking a shuttle bus like the ones we provide at Galveston Shuttle.
We do allow all service dogs on our vans, busses, and coaches. We also let any animal that will fit into a crate. Owners do need to purchase a seat for the animal.
We suggest that you feed, water, and exercise your dog before traveling to make sure the animal is relaxed and ready to go. You should also arrive in plenty of time for your shuttle from Galveston to Houston airport, so you’re not stressed, and neither is the service dog.
Make sure you have all the documentation that you need to assure airline, airport, and cruise staff that your dog is indeed a service dog and that you require its assistance. Like all travel considerations, planning ahead will make your trip with your service dog a walk in the park.
Packing luggage is an art. If you’re a seasoned traveler, it’s quite likely that you’ve got it down to a system where you can tour the world with only a small handbag at your side. For the rest of us, we need to know how much stuff we can haul along with us when we hit the road.
Our team at Galveston Shuttle has assembled this handy blog post to let you know what to expect for baggage standards when you take our Houston Hobby to Galveston port shuttle service.
The standards we have are similar to airlines in some regards. You are allowed to take one carry-on piece of luggage. We also permit passengers to take two suitcases apiece. Dimensions should not 30-inches in length, width, or height. Bags larger than this will not fit in our vehicles.
On our Houston Hobby to Galveston port shuttle, you can also take excess baggage at the cost of $20 per bag, each way. There is a 50% non-refundable cancellation fee with this option.
We do not accommodate motorized scooters on our vehicles, nor do we provide car seats. We do allow service dogs and other animals as long as they can fit in a crate. You must purchase a seat for the animal.
You fly into a city you’re unfamiliar with and need to get to your next destination to stick with a schedule. At this point, you have only a few options. You can take an expensive taxi ride, you can rent a car and hope the GPS doesn’t send you on a long and winding road to nowhere, or you can sit back and enjoy the sights while being driven safely to your destination aboard a modern fuel-efficient vehicle from a service like ours at Galveston Shuttle.
The third option is the best way to get from the Houston airport to the Galveston cruise terminal with the minimum of stress and worry on your part. All you need to do is book a ride and then enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing a vital detail is taken care of in the best way possible.
The most convenient services have multiple pickup and drop-off times and locations at both international airports to work with all schedules and allow passengers to make their connections. If this sounds like it’s going to work for you, and we’re pretty sure that it will, then book your one-way or round-trip fare from the Houston airport to the Galveston cruise terminal and enjoy the ride.
It’s not a new concept. It’s something that’s been around for a long time because it’s a sound principle that works. Despite the fact it’s not new, this concept is even more important now due to the pressure on the environment and concerns about pollution.
What is it, you ask? It’s nothing complicated. It’s the simple act of getting vehicles off the road by traveling in a vehicle with several others. You can call it a shuttle service, car-pooling, ride-sharing, whatever you like, but the impact is the same. One vehicle from Galveston Shuttle with multiple passengers is much more eco-friendly than several vehicles with just one or two passengers each.
Our Galveston shuttle bus is a perfect example of this. It’s much more kind to Mother Nature to hop on a modern and efficient vehicle that’s carrying several passengers than jumping into a low-volume vehicle like a cab or rental car.
The math speaks for itself. Seven vehicles carrying ten people in total, for example, emit many more pollutants than one clean and green vehicle. Those seven cars will spend time idling in lines and parking lots while our Galveston shuttle bus makes a simple pickup and drop-off.
Not only is it a green option, but choosing our services saves you the hassle of fighting traffic and the aggravation of trying to find a parking spot. It’s a win-win situation.
Sometimes you want to take a vacation that is non-stop excitement. Other times it is all about escaping and relaxing. Taking a cruise is one of the best ways to find that calming vacation you are after when your time off is all about self-care and recuperation.
Once you’ve made it from the Houston airport to the Galveston cruise terminal and stepped onto your ship, you are able to let your hair down and soak in your surroundings. Some of the reasons why your cruise vacation is going to help you find your Zen include:
- Stress-Free Planning – On a cruise, there is always something to do. There are activities scheduled from morning until late into the night. That means you and your family have to choose what you want to do.
- Mouthwatering Food – Cruises are known for the delicious meals served morning, noon, and night. Even the picky eaters in your group are sure to find something they will enjoy on the menu.
- Friendly & Helpful Crew – The staff on your cruise ship are there to ensure you have a great time. That means they make themselves available to you whenever you need them to help you with something.
- Plenty of Pampering – Most cruise ships feature a wide variety of different spa treatments for you to enjoy. From hot stone massages to manicures and pedicures, you are sure to find the perfect way to pamper yourself on the ship.
Now that you’ve used the Houston Hobby to Galveston port shuttle to get to the Galveston area, you might be wondering what there is to do. Well, there is a reason why this island is one of the most popular vacation destinations in all of the Lone Star State. If you want to take a break from the white sandy beaches and beautiful views of the Gulf, here are a few more ideas:
- The Strand Historic District – Located downtown, this historic district features a number of beautiful Victorian buildings, boutiques, restaurants, galleries, and antique stores for you to explore. We recommend you start your adventure at the Railroad Museum.
- The Grand 1894 Opera House – Whether you are looking to take in a show or enjoy one of the many food and wine festivals hosted at this historic monument, you are sure to have a fun and romantic time visiting this stunning location.
- Moody Gardens Golf Course –This lavish 18-hole public golf course has you covered when you feel the call of the links. Visitors can book a tee time and then have fun playing this uniquely tropical course.
- Galveston Island State Park – Hike, swim, mountain bike, or just relax at this 2,000-acre park. Camping options are also available if you want to experience this science space at night.
Now that you have traveled from Galveston to Houston, Texas, you might be wondering what there is to do. Lucky for you, Houston is one of the most exciting cities not just in the Lone Star State, but the entire country. Some of the most popular things to do when you visit H-Town include:
- The Museum of Natural Science – With a fantastic collection of large skeleton mounts, space station models, and mineral specimens, this is one of the most popular museums in the country.
- Space Center Houston – If space and science are your thing, then the Space Center should be one of your first stops when you are visiting the city. It is home to more than 400 artifacts to explore, as well as a behind-the-scenes tour of NASA.
- Downtown Aquarium – Featuring a 500,000 galloon aquatic wonderland, this aquarium is home to more than 200 exotic species of fish that you and the children are going to love seeing.
- Fast Track Amusements – When you are looking for a little bit more action, you can race the entire family at this fun entertainment center. You’ll find Formula 1 style go-karts, arcade games, laser tag, and miniature golf, and non-stop fun here.
When you are making the trip from Galveston to the Houston airport, you want to make sure that the shuttle service you choose is going to get you to your location on time and safely. With so many different transportation options available, finding one you can actually rely on might seem a little bit like a challenge. To find the right shuttle service for your needs, we have some suggestions.
The first, and most important step, is to plan your travel. The more planning you do means the more notice you can give the shuttle company. This reduces the risk of there not being any shuttles available or of there being any delays in picking you up. Once you have the planning down, it is time to narrow down your available shuttle options.
Browse customer reviews and compare rates when you are thinking about which shuttle service to use. It is also essential to consider how much luggage or how many people you are bringing with you. You don’t want to end up with a vehicle that is too small to accommodate your belongings or travel partners.
Finally, once you’ve selected the right shuttle and planned everything, don’t hesitate to call the service you’ve chosen before the pickup time. This quick and simple phone call can provide you with much peace of mind.